Each month since last July, I have offered a “Dishcloth and Bonus Gift of the Month” subscription, and for February the recipients received this super sweet St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Dishcloth, along with a crocheted bracelet.
You’ll have the Luck of the Irish with this RAINBOW cotton dishcloth which is surrounded by 17 SHAMROCKS!
TIP: Add this to your Pinterest Board and/or share on Facebook now so you can easily find it later 🙂 Free written pattern & video pattern below!
Oftentimes, I’ve been hearing “these are just too cute to use as dishcloths”. Many people are using them as trivets, over sized coasters, or just decorative pieces.
But I say, hey, have some fun & use your good stuff…afterall, if you can make everyday chores like doing dishes a little more fun, then why not.
It is made of 100% cotton so it’s absorbent, safe for hot dishes to sit upon, and is machine washable and dryable.
And if you’d like to use it somewhere other than in the kitchen, then it makes a nice over-sized coaster for your favorite mug, or can be tossed in the bathtub with the little ones.
Ready to get to making??? Find the specific materials I used via these affiliate links:
- Lily Sugar N Cream Cotton Yarn in “Candy Sprinkles”
- Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton Yarn in “Grass”
- Size G (4mm) Crochet Hook
- Size H (5mm) Crochet Hook
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Dishcloth
(Reminder: You may use this pattern to create for your personal use and/or to create items for sale. Please link back to IntertwinedArt.com when using this pattern. You may not copy and paste this pattern, but feel free to share this post using the social sharing buttons or a link directly to this post.)
Video Pattern Here:
- mc~ magic circle
- slst~ slip stitch
- ch(s)~ chain(s)
- sc~ single crochet
- dc~ double crochet
- st(s)~ stitch(es)
- F/O~ finish off
- Special note: To create a leaf on the shamrock: yarn over (YO), insert hook into center of the ring, YO, pull through ring, YO, pull through 2 loops (2 loops now left on hook), YO, insert hook into center of the ring, YO, pull through ring, YO, pull through 2 loops (3 loops now on hook), YO, insert hook into center of the ring, YO, pull through ring, YO, pull through 2 loops (4 loops now on hook), YO, pull through all 4 loops on hook
With H hook and “Candy Sprinkles” Yarn, WORKING IN ROUNDS:
Round 1: 12 dc in mc, join in top of 1st dc with slst, ch 2 (12dc)
Round 2: 2 dc in each st, join with slst, ch 2 (24 dc)
Round 3: (2 dc, dc) X12, join with slst, ch 2 (36 dc)
Round 4: (2 dc, dc in next 2 sts) X12, join with slst, ch 2 (48 dc)
Round 5: (2 dc, dc in next 3 sts) X12, join with slst, ch 2 (60 dc)
Round 6: (2 dc, dc in next 4 sts) X12, join with slst, F/O, weave in ends (72)
Let’s create the Shamrock edging with SIZE G Hook & Lion Brand Cotton Yarn in “Grass”:
Join green yarn in any st, and start in that same st:
Round 7: *sc, ch 5, sk 3, sc*, repeat from *to* around, join to 1st sc with slst
Round 8: **ch 3, sc in ch 5 sp, ch 8, slst in 4th ch from hook (ring created), *ch 3, create a leaf (see special note above), slst to ring*, repeat *to* 2 more times to create a total of 3 leaves, slst to ch 5 sp**, repeat **to** 16 more times (you now have 17 shamrocks), ch 3, sc in next sc, ch 8, join with slst in last sc of previous round, F/O, weave in end. (You’ll have 17 shamrocks and a little loop for hanging)
St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Dishcloth ~ YOU DID IT!!!
- Please share a pic of your finished item with us on our Facebook page.
- Remember to PIN your favorite pics from this post so you can easily find the pattern again!
- Love Instagram? Follow us over there and tag @IntertwinedArt when you share your St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Dishcloth there 🙂
- Of course, if you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment here on the blog.
- To stay Intertwined with us, be sure to subscribe to our weekly email updates, too!
- We sure would appreciate it if you would share our blog with everyone you know who loves crochet &/or pottery! We love sharing free patterns, tutorials, and more 🙂
Thanks for getting Intertwined with us!~ Kim & Maiya
Disclosure: This post contain affiliate links. By shopping through these links, we earn a small percentage from the retailer. This does not affect your price, but it does help us to keep blogging and providing free patterns 🙂
Reminder: You may use this pattern to create for your personal use and/or to create items for sale. Please link back to IntertwinedArt.com when using this pattern. You may not copy and paste this pattern, but feel free to share this post using the social sharing buttons or a link directly to this post.